Thursday 1 December 2011 | (0) Leave A Comment
Wonders of Make-Up: Plain Jane to Rock Chic
Our very own writer goes for a simple transformation
By Farhana Aziz, Shermaine Lee and Vivian Koh
Photos taken by Shermaine Lee

 

Sneakers, shorts and tee-shirts are what defines her. Vivian does not go the extra mile to better her appearance and dresses like that every day. Wanting to help her shed that image, I (Farhana) asked her to be my model for make-up.
I thought that it would be good if she tried something new. Upon several attempts to convince her, she finally agreed to my request.


These are the make-up products I used:

1. Silkygirl Blush Hour 04 Honeywood
2. Studio M.A.C Fix NC 42
3. Silkygirl Shimmer Duo Blusher
4. Canmake Liquid Eyeliner
5. The Hypercurl Volume Express Waterproof Maybelline
6. Faceshop Lovely Stick Concealer
7. Blusher Brush
8. Eyeshadow Brush 


I started off with giving her a nice foundation base powder to complement with her skin tone. I used a blusher brush since her face is wide to make sure the powder spreads out evenly.



To conceal off her dark circles, uneven skin tone and blemishes, I marked out the spots with a concealer. After that, I blended the concealer to even it out.

 

I used a blusher to highlight her overall features such as cheekbones, chin and forehead temples. Silkygirl Honeywood was used as it has an orangey glow that brings out her sun-kiss tan. Then, the Shimmer Duo Blusher was applied next to bring out her rosy cheeks.


To enhance her eyes, a “batwing” eyeliner style was used. The style is thick and has extended winged line to make the eyes look bigger.

My favourite part – the mascara. As Vivian has long eyelashes, the mascara would be of good help to give it an increased volume and better curls.
After 20 minutes into the process, I present to you her final look:


So what do you think? Does she look more refined? Share your comments here or on our Facebook page! :)

Labels: , , , ,